Time for some soup or honey roasted, but don’t throw out those seeds! Roast them for a wonderful snack. Here's our fave recipe
RECIPE: Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
1. Remove & clean seeds – Scoop the seeds from the pumpkin and remove the stringy parts. Rinse in a colander or fine mesh strainer, remove any remaining goop.
2. Dry seeds – Using a paper towel, dry the seeds thoroughly. This helps them crisp up in the oven.
3. Add oil, salt, and seasonings – We like to use local avocado oil in a ratio of 1 Tbsp oil to 1 cup seeds. Season with salt and add other seasonings (such as Shawarma, Curry Powder,Your fave spice mix) for an extra kick.
4. Bake – Bake for 20-30 minutes at 170 degrees C or until the pumpkin seeds are crisp and light golden brown. Smaller seeds will need less time than larger ones.
5. Let cool – As the seeds cool, they will crisp up a little more. Make sure to let them cool completely before transferring to a sealed container. Otherwise, they may get soggy from the steam.
Sprinkle them on top of salads and meats, eat as a snack, and of course on top of Pumpkin Soup with a dollop of coconut or sour cream !